Now that took some reading!
I enjoyed this second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, and having found the family trees at the end of the first book was prepared this time around and so managed to keep track of who was who – most of the time anyway! The Clash of Kings continues in the same vein as The Gamer of Thrones; if you enjoyed that, you’ll like this, if not, steer clear.
- less unnecessary sex references which spoilt the first book to my mind.
- great to see some of the characters developing and new ones introduced.
- appreciate the way magic has appeared and yet is kept in the background and mysterious.
- too long for one book (has dented my 2011 reading challenge stats)
- whose idea was to make the font so small and the margins non-existent?
Will certainly come back for the next book, but might take a break first.